When you purchase intimate undergarments, you want them as clean and as sexy as possible. Intimate apparel such as bras and panties are considered delicate.
The average bra generally lasts about two years because it will naturally lose its elasticity over time but you can make sure your bras and other intimate apparel age gracefully by properly cleaning them.
Necessary Secrets is here to help you stay fierce and take care of your bras and other lingerie necessities with these five valuable undergarment cleaning tips:
- Use the gentle cycle for everyday bras and lingerie. It is safe to put your everyday bras and lingerie through your washer machine’s gentle cycle even when your labels say hand wash. The best cleaning products to use during this gentle cycle are all-purpose detergent for cotton and synthetic intimate wear and mild detergent for lacy fabrics.
- Pretreat yellow perspiration stains with mild soap and warm water. By rubbing clean your intimate wear prior to a wash and letting them soak for 30 minutes, you will be able to remove those unattractive yellow perspiration stains and make sure that your intimate wear smells very fresh.
- Use zippered mesh bags to prevent twisting and snagging of your bras. It’s important to fasten clasps to prevent the bras from catching on the mesh netting. Never wash your intimate wear with heavy items because heavy material can make wires bend and break on your intimate wear.
- For hand washing, clean your lingerie in the shower. It will clean your bras and other lingerie better than you might think. Simply wet your intimate apparel and lather your items with mild shampoo or baby shampoo. Wash your lingerie thoroughly and let all materials air dry.
- Tumble dry lingerie to prevent shrinkage this works especially well with lingerie that contains spandex. If you do not prefer tumble dry, let your intimate apparel air-dry. This process is a must for fine bras and lingerie.
Necessary Secrets specializes in helping women find the right bra size. Let us navigate you through intimate apparel-comfortable and flattering fit.